Mon, April 19, 2010
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation on Monday will begin sending checks to insured deposit holders of Lakeside Community Bank in Sterling Heights. The financial institution was closed Friday after state regulators seized the bank, which reportedly fell victim to bad loans. It’s the first bank in Michigan to fail this year, and one of eight across the nation to be closed Friday. State regulators say no depositors will lose money.
- 2 dozen injured in southern Indiana bus crash
- Australian woman charged with murder of 8 children
- Boxing great Muhammad Ali hospitalized with pneumonia
- AVENUE TO FREEDOM? New push to free lieutenant convicted of Afghan deaths
- THE SHOW MUST GO ON? WH 'pleased' Sony looking to distribute 'The Interview'