Three Michigan universities have made a national list that focused on the most "gay friendly" schools in the U.S. The Daily Beast, which is associated with Newsweek, placed Eastern Michigan University at number 18, based on polling information and the rankings of an organization called Campus Pride that promotes LGBT issues at the nation’s universities. EMU made the top 25 along with some familiar and some prestigious schools. Western Michigan ranked 21st, the University of Michigan was 25. M.I.T. ranked first and Stanford came in second. (MRN)
- 'BAND OF MOTHERS' Moms of wounded vets are caregivers at Walter Reed
- 'Chespirito,' beloved Mexican comedian who made a generation laugh, dead at 85
- Why did this teacher's union ban Coca-Cola?
- Chris Christie vetoes politically charged pig crate bill
- SUSPENSION LIFTED Former Baltimore Raven Ray Rice wins appeal