Thu, March 8, 2012
A shuttered facility in Northwest Michigan would reopen as a private prison as long as there is at least 10% annual savings under legislation that passed the Senate Wednesday. Geo Group is again looking to set up operations in the North Lake Facility for Youth in Baldwin which it ran from 1998 to 2005 until the contract was terminated by the state. Under the bills, any contract reached would have to be for an initial period of five years, with the option for two-year renewals. The contract is to be awarded through the competitive bid process.
This is really sad. I know this family...
hah he got what was coming to him...bad part...
The taxpayers dollars at work! The lead...
- BELLES OF THE BALL Ladies of WWII leagues honored in special tribute
- Tree planted in memory of George Harrison felled ... by beetles
- BREAKING NEWS: No evidence of direct Russian link to plane, US officials say - European Union imposes new sanctions against Russian officials following Ukraine crash
- Obama sets out on Dem fundraising sprint amid mounting crises - FOX NEWS FIRST: Kimmel nixed: Bear is not so loose
- Shania done with singing?