Thu, March 8, 2012
A shuttered facility in Northwest Michigan would reopen as a private prison as long as there is at least 10% annual savings under legislation that passed the Senate Wednesday. Geo Group is again looking to set up operations in the North Lake Facility for Youth in Baldwin which it ran from 1998 to 2005 until the contract was terminated by the state. Under the bills, any contract reached would have to be for an initial period of five years, with the option for two-year renewals. The contract is to be awarded through the competitive bid process.
This is really sad. I know this family...
hah he got what was coming to him...bad part...
The taxpayers dollars at work! The lead...
- Hong Kong chief executive claims 'external forces' behind pro-democracy protests
- Protests expected at Met Opera premiere of 'Death of Klinghoffer'
- Hit song 'Royals' banned from two San Francisco radio stations for World Series
- MORE COP FIREPOWER UK gun owners face warrantless home search
- 'HURTFUL THINGS' Mom says 10-year-old girl bullied after charity haircut