Thu, March 8, 2012
A shuttered facility in Northwest Michigan would reopen as a private prison as long as there is at least 10% annual savings under legislation that passed the Senate Wednesday. Geo Group is again looking to set up operations in the North Lake Facility for Youth in Baldwin which it ran from 1998 to 2005 until the contract was terminated by the state. Under the bills, any contract reached would have to be for an initial period of five years, with the option for two-year renewals. The contract is to be awarded through the competitive bid process.
This is really sad. I know this family...
hah he got what was coming to him...bad part...
The taxpayers dollars at work! The lead...
- Obama calls for peaceful end to China-Japan dispute over islands
- Magnitude 6.6 earthquake strikes off British Columbia
- Obama says new Russia sanctions are 'teed up'- Hillary Clinton calls for touger sanctions on Russia- Ukraine hostilities endanger Chernobyl cleanup
- Fla. school board nixes proposed dress code for parents
- Feds move to ban e-cigarette sales to minors