Thu, March 8, 2012
A shuttered facility in Northwest Michigan would reopen as a private prison as long as there is at least 10% annual savings under legislation that passed the Senate Wednesday. Geo Group is again looking to set up operations in the North Lake Facility for Youth in Baldwin which it ran from 1998 to 2005 until the contract was terminated by the state. Under the bills, any contract reached would have to be for an initial period of five years, with the option for two-year renewals. The contract is to be awarded through the competitive bid process.
This is really sad. I know this family...
hah he got what was coming to him...bad part...
The taxpayers dollars at work! The lead...
- 'FAITH MEANS LIFE' Sudanese Christian mom describes harrowing ordeal
- EBOLA CRISIS US to send 3,000 military personnel to West Africa
- White House warns Syria over possible retaliation against anti-ISIS airstrikes
- Lawyers for Boston bombing suspect deny posing as FBI employees while in Russia
- Northern California wildfire burns 100 homes, spurs evacuations