Thu, March 8, 2012
A shuttered facility in Northwest Michigan would reopen as a private prison as long as there is at least 10% annual savings under legislation that passed the Senate Wednesday. Geo Group is again looking to set up operations in the North Lake Facility for Youth in Baldwin which it ran from 1998 to 2005 until the contract was terminated by the state. Under the bills, any contract reached would have to be for an initial period of five years, with the option for two-year renewals. The contract is to be awarded through the competitive bid process.
hah he got what was coming to him...bad part...
The taxpayers dollars at work! The lead...
Where do we look to see if they are hiring....
- United to resume Boeing 787 flights after grounding
- S. Korea analyzing if North launched missiles or artillery- Experts: N. Korea camp holding American not worst
- Small Fla. town wonders who won Powerball jackpot- VIDEO: Advice from Powerball winner
- Immigration officers' union says it opposes Senate bill
- Homes Destroyed as Deadly Tornado Outbreak Tears Through Midwest