Mon, January 27, 2014
Gerald Alan Battle, 53, of Reed City passed away Saturday, January 18, 2014. He was born on March 16, 1960 in Reed City, the son of John “Sonny” and Maxine (Kailing) Battle. Gerald graduated from Reed City High School in 1978. He was employed at Ferris State University for 28 years as a groundskeeper. He loved to hunt, fish and snowmobile. Gerald is survived by his father, “Sonny”, one son Chad Battle, one daughter, Shelaine Davis, four grandchildren, Elijah, Hailey, Shaylynn and Whitney, two sisters, Colleen (Stewart) Sauntman and Arleen Couch, three brothers; Ralph, Michael and Earl Battle. He was preceded in death by his mother, Maxine Battle and an infant nephew, Wayne Couch. A funeral mass for Gerald will be at 1:00 p.m., Monday, January 27 at St Anne’s Catholic church in Paris with Father Joe Fix officiating. His family will greet friends at the church from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- North Korea might be restarting nuclear plant, US institute says
- Sydney cafe siege hostage killed by police bullet, inquest hears
- FOX NEWS POLL: Voters disagree with vision Obama expressed in State of the Union - Fox News Poll: Nearly half of voters say Obama downplaying Islamic terror threat - READ THE POLL RESULTS
- California declares electronic cigarettes a health threat
- Christmas tree fueled deadly electrical fire at Maryland mansion, authorities say