Tue, February 4, 2014
A pair of Macomb County residents were officially charged with the shooting of a Ferris State University student over the weekend at an off campus apartment. 20-year old DeCory Downing was charged with six counts including attempted murder and assault with intent to murder. The second suspect in the case, 18-year old Shaionna Brown is charged with being an accessory to a felony, felony firearm and carrying a concealed weapon. Police say brown was hiding Downing during the police search of him. The victim was taken to Spectrum Health Hospital in Grand Rapids for non-life threatening injuries. Downing remains in jail on a $2 million bond and Brown remains in jail on a $250,000 bond.
- WHITEOUT: Northeast faces 'crippling', 'potentially historic' winter storm
- BIG STEP FORWARD Christie launches PAC in key move toward '16 WH run
- 'GRAVE INJUSTICE' Prof, others offer to take lashes for Saudi blogger
- UNUSUAL HOMICIDE Police probe 55-year-old stabbing after man, 97, dies
- Judge issues stay of Alabama gay marriage ruling