Mon, February 17, 2014
The 2014 Polar Plunge to benefit Special Olympic Michigan athletes will take place this weekend at Chippewa Lake and officials are hoping it will be the biggest yet!. Area Five Special Olympics Michigan Director Patricia Rosales says Last years plunge brought in $27,000 with 120 participants and shes hoping to top that. If you want to participate, Registration will begin at 11 a.m. on Saturday at East Bay General Store and a $75 dollar donation is required, the plunge will start at 12:30 p.m. A post-plunge party will be held at 1:30 p.m. at the Chippewa Township Community Building in Rodney.
- 208 mph crash car for sale
- Obama drops plan to end popular college savings accounts in wake of GOP, Dem pressure
- Senate to start AG confirmation hearings on Lynch, with immigration, IRS questions expected
- Government employee who crashed drone on White House lawn was drinking
- Dow Jones closes down nearly 300 points