Update: Sheriff Todd Purcell has confirmed that the 41-year old suspect is the 21-year old victim's boyfriend that lived in the home with her. Purcell says the woman and her children were able to escape their residence to their car where they awaited police this morning. The 2-year old injuries appear to be non-life threatening.
Mecosta County Sheriff Deputies are investigating a stabbing of a 2-year old boy at a trailer park in Remus this morning. Deputies say they received a call around 5:52am to investigate a Felonious Domestic Assault complaint. Once police arrived to the scene at Chippewa Estates Trailer Park in Wheatland Township, north of Remus on M66 they conducted a preliminary investigation which found the victim, a 21-year old Remus woman was assaulted with superficial wounds to her throat and neck, a second victim, a 2-year old boy was stabbed in the low chest/upper abdomen, and a third victim, a 4-year old boy, was threatened with a knife as well. All the victims were transported by EMS to Spectrum Health BRH. The female and 4-year old were released for their minor injuries, the 2-year old victim was transported to DeVoss Children's Hospital in Grand Rapids for treatment.
The suspect, a 41-year old Remus man, sustained a minor superficial stab wound to his lower chest/ upper abdomen, reportedly self inflicted. He was transported from the scene to Spectrum Health BRH and treated for the minor injuries. Deputies remain on scene at SHBRH and upon the suspects release, he will be placed in custody.
The incident remains under investigation. Alcohol and narcotics are reported to be a factor in the incident.
This is really sad. I know this family...
hah he got what was coming to him...bad part...
The taxpayers dollars at work! The lead...
- Fast and Furious II? Justice Department watchdog faults agency over grenade probe
- Pa. college forfeits game after 5 players arrested
- Texas woman gets 3 years for putting gun in son's backpack
- Maine judge tells Ebola nurse to stay away from public gatherings - VIDEO: Showdown looms for nurse, officials - N.Korea to quarantine foreigners for 21 days - Sales of Hazmat suits surge - TRACKING EBOLA
- DC police search for man who attacked cop with ax