Fri, March 7, 2014
Lots of residents are starting to reflect on their times from over the years at the Osceola Inn as demolition of the building began Thursday. Reed City Commissioner Carol Ann Tillotson says her feelings are bittersweet, "On one hand, letting go of something can be sad, I've had wonderful memories from when I've taken family and friends to the Inn and am sad to see it go" but on the other hand Tillotson says, "I am excited to see how Reed City progress and grow into the future" The removal of the Inn which has been vacant since 2005 was made possible, after the Michigan Legislature’s $25 million Blight Elimination Program awarded $370,000 to Reed City for economic improvement, specifically to demolish vacant and neglected properties.
This is really sad. I know this family...
hah he got what was coming to him...bad part...
The taxpayers dollars at work! The lead...
- MILITARY FUNDING FIGHT Lawmakers renew call to roll back cuts amid ISIS crisis
- FLA. MURDER-SUICIDE Grandfather shot, killed daughter, 6 kids, cops say
- 'HE IS MY FAMILY' Vets work to save leg of dog hit by stolen van in chase
- Scotland rejects independence from United Kingdom in historic vote
- SCOTLAND DECIDES Vote count underway in historic independence vote