Tue, March 18, 2014
The sister of the suspect in the 2004 murder of a 13-year-old West Michigan girl is headed to jail. Candace Baumgartner-Wallis was sentenced Monday to 30 weekends in the Newaygo County jail on a perjury charge for lying to police during the investigation. She will also have to take a polygraph test to reveal what she knows about the murder. Wallis-Baumgartner was a White Cloud police officer when her brother, Cecil Wallis, allegedly killed Amanda Lankey nearly a decade ago. Lankey disappeared from a friend's house and her body was found in the Manistee National Forest. The suspect took his own life in 2011. (MRN) image by: (Salvatore Vuono)
This is really sad. I know this family...
hah he got what was coming to him...bad part...
The taxpayers dollars at work! The lead...
- MILITARY FUNDING FIGHT Lawmakers renew call to roll back cuts amid ISIS crisis
- FLA. MURDER-SUICIDE Grandfather shot, killed daughter, 6 kids, cops say
- 'HE IS MY FAMILY' Vets work to save leg of dog hit by stolen van in chase
- Scotland rejects independence from United Kingdom in historic vote
- SCOTLAND DECIDES Vote count underway in historic independence vote