Mon, March 24, 2014
A Big Rapids man was killed Friday night after a snowmobile accident in Mecosta County. Deputes say it happened at the intersection of 13 Mile Road and 120th Avenue in Martiny Township. They say that's where 39-year old Jeremy Krikke, was driving a snowmobile in a field when he struck a tree and fell off the machine. He was pronounced dead at the scene. Police say alcohol and poor visibility caused by a brief Friday night snowstorm contributed to the accident.
- MARION BARRY DIES Ex-DC Mayor nabbed in 1990 crack sting was 78
- Afghan parliament approves US, NATO security pacts - Obama approves guidelines to broaden operation in Afghanistan, officials say - US releases Saudi Gitmo prisoner to militant rehab program
- Warm temperatures prompt flood watch in upstate New York after heavy snow
- At least 4 killed, 54 injured in western China earthquake - Homes collapse, dozens injured in Japan earthquake
- UVA suspends fraternity activities after rape claim - Classroom sex abuse case to cost over $100M