Mon, March 31, 2014
A 61-year old Vestaburg man is in critical condition after being hit by a truck while trying to pick up cans in Montcalm County. Deputies say it happened on Edmore Road near Bollinger Road in Howard City. Deputies determined that an eastbound pickup truck driven by a 62-year old Mason man struck a 61-year old Vestaburg man who was in the roadway. The Vestaburg man had been picking up cans along the edge of the road when he suddenly ran across the road without first checking for traffic. The pedestrian was transported to Gratiot Community Hospital in Alma and was later flown to St. Mary’s Hospital in Saginaw. The driver of the pickup and his 57-year old female passenger were not injured.
- TWO CRASHES, ONE DAY Calif. tour bus rollover kills at least 1, injures dozens
- 'SHE'LL BE PRESSED' Obama AG pick may face grilling over asset seizure
- Obama says American voters want 'new car smell', talks up Clinton in 2016
- Two women, dog rescued after Chicago apartment building collapses
- Suspicious vehicle prompts Fort Sam Houston lockdown