Mon, March 31, 2014
A 61-year old Vestaburg man is in critical condition after being hit by a truck while trying to pick up cans in Montcalm County. Deputies say it happened on Edmore Road near Bollinger Road in Howard City. Deputies determined that an eastbound pickup truck driven by a 62-year old Mason man struck a 61-year old Vestaburg man who was in the roadway. The Vestaburg man had been picking up cans along the edge of the road when he suddenly ran across the road without first checking for traffic. The pedestrian was transported to Gratiot Community Hospital in Alma and was later flown to St. Mary’s Hospital in Saginaw. The driver of the pickup and his 57-year old female passenger were not injured.
- Austin police say gunman who targeted downtown buildings is dead
- NY boys rescued from snowbank after plow inadvertently buries them
- US-backed rebels in new push south of Damascus - ISIS subdues tribes with incentives, brute force - Mosul residents say ISIS cutting off phone lines
- Ferguson protesters move from streets to stores on Black Friday - Cops reportedly foil plan to bomb Gateway Arch - Ferguson bakery vandalized in protests receives $200G in donations - Family of boy killed in fake gun shooting speaks out
- OPEC keeps oil output steady despite price drop