Mon, March 31, 2014
A 61-year old Vestaburg man is in critical condition after being hit by a truck while trying to pick up cans in Montcalm County. Deputies say it happened on Edmore Road near Bollinger Road in Howard City. Deputies determined that an eastbound pickup truck driven by a 62-year old Mason man struck a 61-year old Vestaburg man who was in the roadway. The Vestaburg man had been picking up cans along the edge of the road when he suddenly ran across the road without first checking for traffic. The pedestrian was transported to Gratiot Community Hospital in Alma and was later flown to St. Mary’s Hospital in Saginaw. The driver of the pickup and his 57-year old female passenger were not injured.
- Saudi Arabia faces ISIS threats during transition - ISIS chemical weapons expert killed in airstrike, US officials say - Deadline for prisoner swap passes as Jordan demands proof pilot is alive - VIDEO: ISIS issues prisoner swap ultimatum
- 1,000 'criminal aliens' released by ICE committed new crimes, Grassley says
- BOOST TO BUSH? Romney exit from '16 race resets GOP field
- 'DRAGON' DINOSAUR New species of dino discovered in China
- OREGON KISS OFF? Dem gov deflects questions on fiancee's payments