Wed, April 2, 2014
Almost 250 United Auto Workers from Big Rapids manufacturer Fluid Routing Solutions are taking part in an unfair labor strike. The strike began after the union contract expired at midnight Tuesday morning. Union officials say their striking until they get a fair deal, Gary Timmer the International Servicing Rep for UAW workers says " The employees at FRS have taken concessions, some have taken mortgages out on their jobs over the years to keep the facility in Big Rapids", "And all they are asking for is safe working conditions and a fair contract to keep FRS a good corporate citizen so it can continue to benefit the Big Rapids community" Timmer said. Timmer adds hopefully they can reach an agreement but they are willing to go the distance if they don't.
- Warm temperatures prompt flood watch in upstate New York after heavy snow
- At least 4 killed, 54 injured in western China earthquake - Homes collapse, dozens injured in Japan earthquake
- UVA suspends fraternity activities after rape claim - Classroom sex abuse case to cost over $100M
- Police say naked man crashed through bathroom ceiling, attacked 84-year-old at Boston airport
- China reportedly building airstrip-capable island in South China Sea