Wed, April 2, 2014
State Senator John Moolenaar announced he is running to succeed Congressman Dave Camp in Michigan’s 4th Congressional District. The announcement followed Camp's decision to not seek another term. Moolenaar, a Midland Republican, has been in the State Senate since 2010. Before that he was a state representative for six years, from 2002-2008. Roscommon Republican Peter Konetchy has also declared his candidacy. The 4th Congressional District contains all or parts of 15 counties in the central and northeast Lower Peninsula.
- Pentagon prepares for more detainee releases from Guantanamo Bay
- Ore. police dog fired for poor performance
- WOOED BY ISIS? Terror group uses gifts to subdue tribes in Iraq, Syria
- US cathedral may become museum to the slave trade
- MORE RISK IN THE SKIES FAA: Rise in near-collisions between planes and drones