Mon, April 14, 2014
4,100 Consumers Energy customers in Mecosta County along with several local school districts are still without power this morning after Saturdays strong storm ripped through the area knocked down power lines and trees and damaging cars and homes. According to consumers officials, crews have been brought in from other states and have been working around the clock trying to restore power. Officials say power should be restored for all of Mecosta Co. by late tonight.
- MARION BARRY DIES Ex-DC Mayor nabbed in 1990 crack sting was 78
- Afghan parliament approves US, NATO security pacts - Obama approves guidelines to broaden operation in Afghanistan, officials say - US releases Saudi Gitmo prisoner to militant rehab program
- Warm temperatures prompt flood watch in upstate New York after heavy snow
- At least 4 killed, 54 injured in western China earthquake - Homes collapse, dozens injured in Japan earthquake
- UVA suspends fraternity activities after rape claim - Classroom sex abuse case to cost over $100M