Mon, April 14, 2014
A Mid-Michigan farmer is facing a charge of abandoning and cruelty to animals after 71 dead calves were found on his property. 29-year old John Montross of Mount Pleasant has a warrant out for his arrest from the Isabella County District Court. He's accused of having at least 71 dead calves at his Deerfield Township farm. According to court documents, the animals were found under snow and hay on his property. Montross is not yet in custody. Abandoning/cruelty to 10 or more animals carries a four-year prison term. Isabella County Animal Control is investigating the case.(MRN)
- Officials: US drone strike kills 4 militants in Pakistan
- Businesses to receive incentive for hiring illegal immigrants, report says - Obama touts immigration, interrupted by hecklers
- Spoiler Alert: 'Dancing with the Stars' winner is....
- Ferguson decision sparks second night of protests across the country
- VETO THREAT WH nixes tax break plans favoring corporations