Fri, April 25, 2014
Fire investigators continue to figure out what caused an apartment building in Big Rapids to go up in flames Thursday night. It happened at the Village Green Apartment Complex on Catherine Street, where firefighters from four different fire departments came to help. Officials say no injuries were reported, 30 tenants affected by the blaze were taken to Big Rapids Middle School where a shelter was set up by the local Red Cross unit. The Salvation Army in Big Rapids is also accepting donations of household goods and clothes so they can help out the displaced tenants. If you would like to donate to the Salvation Army they are accepting donations at their office located at 325 Linden St. in Big Rapids.
- Pope says Vatican bureaucrats suffer from 'spiritual Alzheimer's'
- GOP could face tough fight to hold Senate in 2016
- Critics blast NY Gov. Cuomo's fracking ban
- Immigrants granted reprieve by Obama to line up for driver's licenses in Arizona
- Hearing set for former New England Patriot facing murder trial