Fri, April 25, 2014
Fire investigators continue to figure out what caused an apartment building in Big Rapids to go up in flames Thursday night. It happened at the Village Green Apartment Complex on Catherine Street, where firefighters from four different fire departments came to help. Officials say no injuries were reported, 30 tenants affected by the blaze were taken to Big Rapids Middle School where a shelter was set up by the local Red Cross unit. The Salvation Army in Big Rapids is also accepting donations of household goods and clothes so they can help out the displaced tenants. If you would like to donate to the Salvation Army they are accepting donations at their office located at 325 Linden St. in Big Rapids.
- 'LET ME SPEAK' Obama touts immigration, interrupted by hecklers
- EPA to reportedly propose stricter smog standard
- Federal judge overturns Arkansas' ban on gay marriage
- Darren Wilson: 'No way' Michael Brown had his hands up during shooting
- Ex-Defense official Michele Flournoy takes self out of running to succeed Hagel at Pentagon