Wed, April 30, 2014
A Howard City man is in jail after he hit a pickup truck with his SUV and left the scene. Deputies in Montcalm County say it happened on Walnut St. near Cedar St. in Howard City where a pick up driven by a 20-year old Jenison woman was traveling eastbound on Walnut Street preparing to turn into a private drive when it was struck from behind by an SUV. The SUV then left the scene. Witnesses and occupants of the pickup were able to provide Deputies with a description of the driver and the vehicle’s registration plate. A witness to the crash had followed the vehicle to a residence a short distance from the scene and provided the location to Deputies. A 27-year old Howard City man has been lodged at the Montcalm County Jail for Leaving the Scene of a Personal Injury Accident and Driving while License Suspended. Alcohol use was not involved in the crash and all occupants of the vehicles involved were wearing their seatbelts. The accident remains under investigation.
- 5-year-old Las Vegas girl dies from flu despite receiving vaccination
- New Jersey school evacuated after chemistry lab 'mishap' involving acid
- US drone kills 3 in first strike since Yemen leader resigned
- ISIS nearly pushed out of Syria's Kobani, officials say
- Japan turns to Jordan for help gaining hostage's release - VIDEO: New video claims one Japanese hostage killed