Wed, April 30, 2014
A Howard City man is in jail after he hit a pickup truck with his SUV and left the scene. Deputies in Montcalm County say it happened on Walnut St. near Cedar St. in Howard City where a pick up driven by a 20-year old Jenison woman was traveling eastbound on Walnut Street preparing to turn into a private drive when it was struck from behind by an SUV. The SUV then left the scene. Witnesses and occupants of the pickup were able to provide Deputies with a description of the driver and the vehicle’s registration plate. A witness to the crash had followed the vehicle to a residence a short distance from the scene and provided the location to Deputies. A 27-year old Howard City man has been lodged at the Montcalm County Jail for Leaving the Scene of a Personal Injury Accident and Driving while License Suspended. Alcohol use was not involved in the crash and all occupants of the vehicles involved were wearing their seatbelts. The accident remains under investigation.
- 2 dozen injured in southern Indiana bus crash
- Australian woman charged with murder of 8 children
- Boxing great Muhammad Ali hospitalized with pneumonia
- AVENUE TO FREEDOM? New push to free lieutenant convicted of Afghan deaths
- THE SHOW MUST GO ON? WH 'pleased' Sony looking to distribute 'The Interview'