Tue, June 3, 2014
A northern Michigan woman and her former boyfriend have been sentenced in the death of her young son. 20-year old Brittani Grabon of McBain was sentenced to no less than 25 years in prison after pleading guilty to second-degree murder for the death of her 14-month-old son Payton Disbrow in December 2012. She was scheduled to testify against her former boyfriend, if he were to go to trial but 20-year-old Cole Gilde of Osceola County pleaded no contest to second-degree murder in April. Gilde was sentenced to no less than 35 but no more than 60 years in prison.
- American arrested on illegal adoption, human trafficking charges in Guatemala
- Police: 99-year-old woman delivering cookies robbed by teen
- North Korea's UN envoy rips US as assembly passes resolution condemning alleged abuses
- NCAA basketball player with inoperable brain tumor to become honorary coach
- Audit: Nebraska left $56 million in federal welfare funds on the table