Tue, June 3, 2014
A northern Michigan woman and her former boyfriend have been sentenced in the death of her young son. 20-year old Brittani Grabon of McBain was sentenced to no less than 25 years in prison after pleading guilty to second-degree murder for the death of her 14-month-old son Payton Disbrow in December 2012. She was scheduled to testify against her former boyfriend, if he were to go to trial but 20-year-old Cole Gilde of Osceola County pleaded no contest to second-degree murder in April. Gilde was sentenced to no less than 35 but no more than 60 years in prison.
- WHEN PIGS FLY? Owner, pet booted from US Airways flight
- FERGUSON FRENZY Protesters shut down 3 St. Louis area malls, trains
- Prisoners get millions from IRS in bogus refund claims, watchdog finds
- HOW LOW CAN IT GO? Oil prices drop as OPEC reels from US fracking
- Killing of Guatemalan hunter likely to go unsolved