Tue, June 3, 2014
Starting next month, Big Rapids residents will have to pay more for their sanitation services that include, trash and leaf pick up and other curbside services. The resolution to increase the sanitation rates was passed last night at the city commission meeting. The rates will increase 25 percent starting on July 1 for residential customers or around 59 cents more per month. The rate increase will cover an increase coming from Republic Services, the company the city contracts with to handle sanitation and garbage services.
- Taliban claims responsibility for shooting at Afghanistan airport - VIDEO: 3 US contractors killed in Afghanistan attack, official says - Mystery surrounds death of US defense contract worker at Saudi hotel
- 3 Colo. tax cheats skip sentencing to play golf
- US reportedly reaches out to Yemeni rebels to promote anti-Al Qaeda campaign
- LAPD chief admits mistakes made at event featuring ex-Mexican Mafia leader
- 3 dead, dozens injured in gas blast at Mexico children's hospital - VIDEO: Deadly explosion at children's hospital