Tue, June 3, 2014
Starting next month, Big Rapids residents will have to pay more for their sanitation services that include, trash and leaf pick up and other curbside services. The resolution to increase the sanitation rates was passed last night at the city commission meeting. The rates will increase 25 percent starting on July 1 for residential customers or around 59 cents more per month. The rate increase will cover an increase coming from Republic Services, the company the city contracts with to handle sanitation and garbage services.
- FERGUSON ON EDGE Jury decision unlikely this weekend, sources say
- GOP governors' meeting an early 'dress rehearsal' for potential 2016 candidates
- China building massive island big enough for airstrip, report says
- Kristin's living the dream
- 6.8-magnitude earthquake in Japan collapses homes, causes injuries