There were a few ORV accidents in Mecosta County over the weekend. The first happened in Austin Township where Police found the driver of the ORV, a 41-year-old Stanwood woman, was traveling toward the roadway in her driveway when she lost control, entered the roadway and overturned.
The driver, was not wearing a seat belt, was ejected from the ORV. Her two passengers, a 39-year-old Stanwood woman and a 36-year- old Howard City woman, also sustained minor injuries, but were not ejected from the ORV and only sustained minor injuries. Alcohol is believed to be a factor in the accident.
Meanwhile another accident happened in Barryton where a 19-year old Barryton man was driving a four-wheeler when his passenger and 17-year old male from Evart had his foot catch on the tire, pulling him off the ORV and running his foot over. The Evart teen was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
- House GOP leaders cancel vote on border security bill amid blizzard of complaints
- Cut off from Wi-Fi, Cuban youngsters build secret computer network
- N.J. man pulled over in HOV lane was not alone – he had two kidnapping victims in back seat
- TODD STARNES: Michael Moore invokes Jesus in 'Sniper' rant
- Far from deflate-gate, football factory prepares for Super Bowl