There were a few ORV accidents in Mecosta County over the weekend. The first happened in Austin Township where Police found the driver of the ORV, a 41-year-old Stanwood woman, was traveling toward the roadway in her driveway when she lost control, entered the roadway and overturned.
The driver, was not wearing a seat belt, was ejected from the ORV. Her two passengers, a 39-year-old Stanwood woman and a 36-year- old Howard City woman, also sustained minor injuries, but were not ejected from the ORV and only sustained minor injuries. Alcohol is believed to be a factor in the accident.
Meanwhile another accident happened in Barryton where a 19-year old Barryton man was driving a four-wheeler when his passenger and 17-year old male from Evart had his foot catch on the tire, pulling him off the ORV and running his foot over. The Evart teen was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
- American arrested on illegal adoption, human trafficking charges in Guatemala
- Police: 99-year-old woman delivering cookies robbed by teen
- North Korea's UN envoy rips US as assembly passes resolution condemning alleged abuses
- NCAA basketball player with inoperable brain tumor to become honorary coach
- Audit: Nebraska left $56 million in federal welfare funds on the table