Tue, July 29, 2014
The Newaygo County prosecutor is considering charges against a woman whose newborn baby was abandoned on a dirt road near White Cloud. A person walking a dog discovered the baby Monday morning next to a satellite dish in the Diamond Lake area. The newborn was found conscious with bumps, bruises, scrapes and the umbilical cord still attached. The baby was taken by ambulance to a hospital in Fremont where doctors say the baby is fine. Police found the baby's mother, who was also hospitalized. The investigation is ongoing. No names have been released.
- Admiral denies role in counterfeiting casino chips
- 'Search and rescue' operation underway after apartment building collapses in Chicago
- Exile who survived the ill-fated Bay of Pigs continues his fight, seeks billions from Cuba
- Immigration law under fire: GOP, Dems spar over legality of executive orders
- WOULD HILLARY PASS? Obama: Americans want 'new car smell' in 2016