Sun, August 3, 2014
Deputies from Mecosta County were dispatched to a large Rave party at a Hinton Township residence located on 70th Avenue south of 5 Mile Road. The crowd of over 2000 consisted mostly of persons under the legal drinking age of 21. EMS from Mecosta and Montcalm County along with MMR were on scene treating and transporting multiple alcohol and drug related injuries/overdoses to Kelsey Hospital in Lakeview, Mount Pleasant Hospital and Spectrum Health in Big Rapids. Deputies also handled a CSC of a 19 year old Mount Pleasant female who reported being sexually assaulted in a vehicle at the party. Multiple charges are being sought for the property resident and the organizers of the event. The incident remains under investigation and the Sheriff's Office is requesting anyone with information related to the incident to call.
- FERGUSON ON EDGE Jury decision unlikely this weekend, sources say
- GOP governors' meeting an early 'dress rehearsal' for potential 2016 candidates
- China building massive island big enough for airstrip, report says
- Kristin's living the dream
- 6.8-magnitude earthquake in Japan collapses homes, causes injuries