Thu, August 14, 2014
A barricaded gunman surrendered to police last night after a nearly 10 hour standoff with law enforcement at a home just 10 miles outside the Village of Morley. Police say the situation stemmed from a domestic assault at a home in Montcalm County between the suspect and his girlfriend. The suspect then fled the residence and went to the girlfriend's home in Deerfield Township where the standoff occurred. After serveral attempts to make contact with the suspect, the Michigan State Police bomb squad arrived on scene around 7:30 p.m. and shot tear gas into the home, The suspect surrendered around 9:45 p.m. No injuries were reported in the incident. The suspect is currently being held in the Montcalm County Jail where he is facing the domestic violence charge as well as three felony warrants including felony kidnapping, drunk driving and resisting arrest from a previous incident.
- Kim Jong Un's younger sister named senior official
- Illegal immigrants will be eligible for Social Security, Medicare
- PLOT THWARTED Men planned major St. Louis attack, report says
- ZERO-G THANKSGIVING Space station astronauts enjoy 'traditional' meals
- Australian cricketer dies after being struck in head