Big Rapids Daily News
News Radio 1460 AM - 107.7 FM
News That Affects You


Lansing state house lawmaker Andy Schor wants to keep college grads in Michigan and says his proposal would allow an income tax credit that would offset the cost of student loans if that graduate agrees to continue living and working in the state.


Former students could claim the tax credit for five years after graduation.


Schor says his proposal would be an incentive for grads to make roots here and reduce Michigan's "brain drain."



This Week's Poll
Do you agree with Gov. Whitmer's latest COVID-19 directive?